Vanpooling is convenient and economical, especially if you work far from home. Traditionally, vanpools have 7 - 15 passengers, including the driver. The vehicle may be owned or leased. Plus, 511 offers a variety of free services and rewards to start or join a vanpool. And, our vanpool consultants are committed to keeping vanpools full and on the road with empty-seat subsidies.
Benefits of Vanpooling
- Save time using HOV lanes and toll booths
- Save money sharing gas and parking costs
- Qualify for rewards and preferential parking (where available)
- Reduce wear and tear on your personal vehicle
- Empty-seat subsidies from 511
- Work, read or nap while traveling to/from work
- Leased-van perks include no long-term financing, access to extra vehicle
- Free tolls* for registered vanpools with 11-15 seats
- Dedicated support services from 511
Join a vanpool today by logging onto the 511 RideMatch Service.
Start, Join or Register a Vanpool
Create a profile on the 511 RideMatch System or contact:
* Vanpools with 11-15 seats, and registered with 511, receive TOLL-FREE PASSAGE on the Bay Area's seven state-owned toll bridges: Antioch, Benicia-Martinez, Carquinez, Dumbarton, Richmond-San Rafael, San Mateo-Hayward and San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.