Vanpool - Drivers' Tools
Once your vanpool is registered with 511, you can access handy tools and valuable services to keep your vanpool rolling. 511 will help recruit new passengers and back-up drivers as well as provide updates and information on available incentives and subsidies.
Bookmark this page for a quick reference to services, forms and other tools:
- Seat Subsidy Program
- Discounted parking permits in Oakland and San Francisco
- Free bridge toll passes for vanpools
- DMV medical exam requirements
- Medical reimbursement form
Visit the State of California's DMV website for information on:
- Vanpool Vehicle Code/Definition
- Basic Driver's License Information
- Vanpool Vehicles: Equipment and Inspection
A few things you'll need:
- Seven passengers (including the driver)
- Register with the 511 RideMatch Service and select I want to drive a vanpool.
- Completed vanpool forms