Vanpool - Eligibility Requirements
A vanpool is eligible for the incentive when all the following conditions are met
- A new primary driver or new driver/coordinator registers with 511 Rideshare and forms a new vanpool*, AND
- The van stays on the road with at least seven passengers for three to six consecutive months, AND
- The van has not requested a seat subsidy incentive during the two to six consecutive months of the start date on file with 511 Rideshare, AND
- The vanpool has an origin or destination within the 511 Rideshare service areaâ€ , AND
- The coordinator or driver has provided a complete list of passengers and current day-time contact information for months one, three, and six, AND
- The new van has no more than 40 percent of participants from a previous van operating in the last 180 days, and the previous van must still be on the road, AND
- The new/found van has not been operating for more than 180 days prior to contacting/notifying 511 Rideshare AND
- The van meets all of the eligibility requirements.
Register online to become a vanpool driver or contact a 511 Rideshare Program Vanpool Consultant by calling 511, say Rideshare.
* Only employers and/or individuals who have financial responsibility for the van and who register and form a vanpool with 511 Rideshare after April 1, 2004, are eligible. Definition of a new vanpool is any van with seven to 15 passengers that meets all of the following criteria: (1) new coordinator/primary driver in the 511 Rideshare database who has not been in an active vanpool for the last six months, (2) new route (city to city), (3) new vehicle on the road. Upon van formation, all drivers/coordinators must submit an Eligibility Requirements Form, which is a vanpool passenger list, for months one, three, and six as proof of campaign eligibility. Random calls will be made following the submission of each of the four passenger lists to vanpool participants for verification that at least seven passengers are present in the vanpool. $250 to $500 in gas cards will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, until all funds are exhausted to vans that meet all eligibility requirements. Qualified recipients of the gas card incentive will be notified by phone within thirty (30) days after completion of the third, sixth and ninth months. The 511 Rideshare Program reserves the right to make the final determination of eligibility on a case-by-case basis. The incentive is designed to foster new vans rather than rearranging the current fleet. Exceptions may be made for vans that are clearly new (e.g., a former coordinator from the East Bay moves to the South Bay, etc). Any discrepancies in information gathered during verification calls may disqualify the van. If conflicting information is provided, preference will be given to information that disqualifies the van. If a van submits a request for the seat subsidy incentive during the start period reported to 511 Rideshare; consideration will be given to resume eligibility once back the van resumes at least seven passengers.
Rideshare Program service area - Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma counties.